This is been an exciting season for connection! We are continually seeing numbers that are in the 130s to 140s! We are averaging more people than we ever have before! And then those mornings that we push over the 140 mark, second service this close to capacity and our kids space is getting tight.
Now we’re doing some things to help. We are purchasing more chairs for the auditorium and we’re looking at new configurations in the kids space.
There are some things that you can do to help as well:
- You could consider attending first service more regularly.
- You could help us expand to full kids programming during first service.
- You can help us make a Thursday night service a reality.
Whatever you choose to do, do not stop inviting your friends and family! Together we will find a way to accommodate the growth.
There is one more thing we could do to accommodate growth, but it’s risky…
One of the values of Nexus is risk taking faith.
I once heard a leader say, “attempt something so impossible that it will fail if God’s not in it.”
From the beginning of connection Christian church we have lived out this value in so many ways…
- Moving to a community without a church to lead
- Asking people for money to fund a church that didn’t exist
- Seeking people to become the church that had not yet met
- Hiring a second Pastor before we could afford one
- Renting a space and purchasing equipment that had capacity to serve way beyond our current reality
- Move into a new space while not meeting budget for the less expensive rented space
We now have an opportunity again to display our faith in God! We have been given the opportunity to move into a space that will more than double our current square footage. This will allow us to have an even greater impact on our community and to Connect even more people in the Columbus area to Jesus Christ!
This won’t be easy. We don’t have the money for it. The cost will be high. The build out could be slow. We will have to do some of the work ourselves. But the potential is huge!
Our desires to be in this space by September 2019. We currently set aside 10% of everything that comes in through our offerings. Currently the total is about $30,000.
What will it take to get there?
- Meet current expenses
- Reimburse our Building Fund
- Raise $100k by Easter
Here are some other ways you can help:
- Attend regularly
- Invite friends
- Share the excitement
- Give a financial gift
- Trust God with 10%
- Give above and beyond